Ms. James' Class 2023-2024
Please bring the school supplies to Back-to-School Night, if you can. Thanks!
Please note this list is already condensed as much as possible. We will appreciate that you purchase all of the supplies listed.
NOTE: Chromebooks will be left at school this year, unless an application has been completed to take it home. In order for the application to be approved, you will need to purchase a padded carrying case for your child to transport his/her Chromebook. Chromebooks will be the 11.6 inch screen size.
Personal items (These items should be labeled with the student's name.)
- 1 student planner with space to write down each day's assignments for every class.
- 6 Composition notebooks (Bible, Reading, Writing, Math, Social Studies, Science) NO SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS!!!
- 12-inch ruler with inch and centimeter marks
- Protractor (7th grade)
- Optional scientific TI calculator
- 2 packs of loose leaf paper to be used for math assignments
- 1 pencil box (hard sided) - the following items should be inside the box
- plenty of #2 pencils, sharpened - Ticonderoga is the best brand; the others don't sharpen well and are wasted. We recommend you purchase enough to replenish throughout the school year. If you prefer mechanical pencils, that is fine; just make sure you get plenty of refill lead.
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 set of colored pencils (12 regular colors is adequate)
- 2 red pens - for grading only, not to be used for completing assignments
- Pack of highlighters
- 1 pair of small scissors
- 1 clipboard (flat clip, please)
- 1 expandable folder for completed work NOTE: Folders should have at least 9 pockets
- Backpack NOTE: Please use a traditional-style backpack, not a duffle bag.
- Water bottle
- Lunchbox with ice, utensils, etc. NOTE: Microwaves and refrigerators not available for student use.
- Art t-shirt (for painting, paper mache, etc.) Can be an old t-shirt of dad's!
- For tone chime/handbell performances, a performance uniform will be required. Details will be provided separately.
General (Do not label these items. They should be handed to the teacher upon arrival at school.)
- 2 large Elmer's glue sticks (NOT liquid!)
- 2 packs of lined, hole-punched paper
- pack of Expo dry erase markers (minimum of 4 markers)
- 1 box of tissues
- 1-2 large canisters disinfectant wipes
- 2 bottles of hand soap
Required PE Attire
- Warriors t-shirt (please order with your Online Enrollment - the cost for 1 shirt is covered by your Inclusive Tuition)
- Solid black knee-length athletic shorts and/or solid black long pants (comfortable, not tight-fitting). Black leggings can be worn under the shorts, if desired. No stripes, etc. on the shorts/pants.
- Click for picture of acceptable pants and shorts
- Laced athletic shoes
Optional for locker
- Combination or key lock for locker. NOTE: We require you to give us the combination or a copy of the key. If you chose not to lock your locker, you do so at your own risk.
- Many students find a locker shelf to be helpful in organizing. Magnetic organizers for the door might also come in handy. Lockers are 36"x15"x15". Each student will be assigned one locker.